You own an old car and would like to scare off thieves? Build your own fake security system!
Parts Required (All available @Farnell.com)Check out the links next to the components!
- resistors: 1k, 10k, 680k Resistors
- capacitor: 10µF radial Capacitors
- LED: red superbright, 5mm diameter LEDs
- 7555 low power timer IC 7555
- 8-pin DIL socket for IC
- battery clip
- 4.5V battery box for 3 AA cells
- stripboard: 8 rows × 16 holes Stripboard
This Dummy Alarm project makes an LED flash briefly once every 5 seconds to imitate the indicator light of a real alarm. The circuit is designed to use very little current to prolong battery life so that it can be left on permanently. An on/off switch is not included, but could be added if you wish.
See the whole circuit after the break: